Python Backend Engineer
Development of Virtual Being solution in Unreal Engine 4 based on integration of custom Evolving AI technology. The solution is based on a custom architecture that uses genetic algorithms and reinforcement learning, together creating a system capable of learning skills in real-time and capturing surrounding context. Part of the project is a dialogue system, allowing users to engage NPCs in a free-flowing conversation.
- As a key member of an agile software development team you will design, code, and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications.
- Maintain and refactor existing code to make it more reliable, secure, and efficient.
- Test and monitor platform services for stability and scalability.
- Work with the support team to triage bugs and troubleshoot productions issues.
- Assess project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships and provide alternative solutions and risk mitigation.
- 5+ years experience working on backend development of large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with multiple languages and web frameworks including Python/Flask.
- Expertise in relational databases including database modeling, identifying bottlenecks, and writing optimized queries.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment workflows.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, patterns, and design.
- Experience with developing REST APIs and integrating third-party APIs.
- Dev-ops skills: containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), cloud platforms (AWS, GCP).
Nice to have:
- BS degree in computer science.
- Full-stack engineering experience.
- Basic understanding of modern artificial intelligence technologies: deep learning, reinforced learning, genetic algorithms.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and results-oriented.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Languages: English Intermediate +.
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of indefinite-term contract / employment.